Building Codes & Standards
Here you will find important information about the construction, renovation and alteration of buildings in British Columbia. You will also find out about standards and requirements for technical safety systems and equipment such as elevators, electrical and gas systems.
- The BC Building and Plumbing Code, which set the technical requirements for building construction throughout B.C.
- The Building Act and regulations, including
- Other building regulations outside the BC Codes
- Requirements for Building Officials who oversee and may enforce the Building Code through local bylaws
- Building construction matters to address issues that are unique to individual local governments
- Building Code Appeal Board
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia. Page updated: July 28, 2020.